BIKE & CANOE URBAN ADVENTURE – Zagreb day trips
- Discover the real Zagreb, its neighborhoods and most popular recreational areas
- Cycle from the city center to Lake Jarun for some great canoeing and relaxing in the nature
- Optional swimming and wake boarding
If you wish to discover more of Zagreb than just the famous city center, join us for an active tour to places where Zagreb citizens go for recreation and contact with nature. We will be cycling through the local neighborhoods and along the bank of the river Sava which is a favourite place for Zagreb joggers. Our goal is Lake Jarun which is often called the “Zagreb Sea”, a great place to escape the summer heats and do some outdoor activities. Local rowing and other sport clubs use it as a base for training and people come there to cycle, walk, rollerblade, excersise or just chill in one of the local cafes and restaurants.
We will explore the lake by canoe and you are welcome to take a swim if you feel like it. It’s good to know that the beach has a Blue Flag award which proves the high quality and cleanliness of the water! You can also opt for relaxing by the lake and enjoying the atmosphere.
We will meet at 10 am on Zagreb main square (Trg bana Josipa Jelacica 11) in front of the Tourist Information Center. Your guide will give you a short introduction to Zagreb history and culture and walk with you to our base which is in Petrinjska 51 street, some 5 minutes walking from the main square. There you will get your bike and start riding towards Lake Jarun through the neighborhoods like the authentic Tresnjevka (tresnja means cherry tree in Croatian). Canoes will be waiting for us at Jarun and the plan is to take some 45 minutes for easy paddling around the lake. If you are not into canoeing you can have a drink in one of the waterfront cafes, relax on the beach or take a swim. After our lake activities we will pedal back to the city center along the shores of the Sava River and end the tour in our base.
We provide bikes and helmets; canoes, paddles and swim vest.
Recommended things to bring: comfortable clothes for cycling, small backpack, water bottle, bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, sun hat, pocket money, camera
- The prices in EUR are approximate and may vary depending on the exchange rate.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- In the unlikely case of extreme weather conditions Go Explore Croatia will re-schedule all Zagreb day trips for a day or two prior or after the date booked, if possible. If the change is not possible, the payments will be refunded in full.