PLESIVICA WINE ROAD CYCLING
- Discover the small baroque town of Samobor and local villages situated amongst hills of Zumberak-Samoborsko gorje Nature Park
- Cycle to the famous Plesivica wine road for wine tasting in one of the best local cellars and tasty lunch
- Experience a unique combination of activity, gastronomy and local traditions
Close to Zagreb, spread across the slopes of Plesivica, proudly stand the centuries old vineyards – a true symbol of wine growing tradition and wine production of central Croatia. Their natural position provides ideal conditions for cultivation of the best varieties of grapes and wines. The delightful aroma of local wines can be enjoyed on the wine route of Plesivica in 40 hospitable homesteads which offer a wide selection of wines and food. This area is a part of Zumberak-Samoborsko gorje Nature Park. If you like the idea of a unique combination of activity, gastronomy and local traditions, then this tour is definitely a match!
Our scenic cycling Croatia day trip starts with pick up in your Zagreb accommodation and drive to the small town of Samobor which is a real hidden gem of Baroque architecture and a very popular excursion destination for Zagreb residents. Coffee and famous local desert „kremsnite“ on main Samobor square.
We will be cycling from Samobor through the nature park while exploring the local villages and beautiful nature. Van support will be available at all times. Our scenic ride over the hills will take us to Plesivica wine road and its charming vineyards where we will enjoy inevitable wine tasting in some of the best local cellars and have a tasty lunch.
Drive back to Zagreb after the tour and drop off in your accommodation.
We provide bikes and helmets.
Recommended things to bring: comfortable clothes for cycling, small backpack, water bottle, sunscreen, camera, waterproof jacket
- The prices in EUR are approximate and may vary depending on the exchange rate.
- Although we do not recommend this cycling Croatia tour for smaller children, it’s possible and we offer 50% discount for children up to 14. All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- In the unlikely case of extreme weather conditions Go Explore Croatia will re-schedule the activity for a day or two prior or after the date booked, if possible. If the change is not possible, the payments will be refunded in full.