BEAR MOUNTAIN BIKE ADVENTURE
MTB Croatia, Zagreb
- Drive to the top of „Bear Mountain“ that embraces the Croatian capital city Zagreb
- Bike down through 1 nature park and 2 forest parks
- Enjoy beautiful nature and fresh air while riding the exciting forest paths
- Admire amazing views over the city and the region of Zagorje on the other side
Mount Medvednica that embraces the Croatian capital city Zagreb is a unique example of preserved nature at the doorstep of a large city. The name Medvednica could be translated as „bear mountain“ (medvjed means bear in Croatian). It is a favourite hiking, mountain biking and skiing destination for the citizens of Zagreb and its visitors, proclaimed nature park to protect its rich and diverse living world. Some of the highlights of this fun ride that deserve to be mentioned are amazing views over Zagreb and the region of Zagorje which is on the other side of the massif, as well as Medvednica’s dense forests and fresh air ideal to escape the summer heats and city hustle.
We will pick you up in your accommodation in Zagreb and drive to the mountain top (please contact us to arrange the exact pick up time and place).
The highest peak Sljeme (1033 m or 3389 ft) will be our startpoint. From there we will make our way down the wide paths through the forest, take breaks to enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and have an optional picnic. Continuing down we reach the outskirts of Zagreb. The last part of the trip is through the forest Park of Dotrscina and finally Maksimir, one of the oldest public parks in Europe that is a real tresure for local people that come there to enjoy the forest, lakes and paths for recreation. Zagreb zoo is also there so you are welcome to stay and visit.
If you decide to opt for the self-guided version you are welcome to choose your own route and ride at your own pace. You will get a map and instructions based on your preferences, desired difficulty level and duration.
We provide bikes and helmets (plus map, bike locks and spare parts for the self-guided version)
Things to bring: comfortable clothes for biking, water bottle, waterproof jacket, long sleeve shirt beacuse of the lower temperatures at the mountain top
- The prices in EUR are approximate and may vary depending on the exchange rate.
- Minimum age 14. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- In the unlikely case of extreme weather conditions or heavy rains that might cause the paths to be unsuitable for biking, Go Explore Croatia re-schedules all MTB Croatia activities for a day or two prior or after the date booked, if possible. If the change is not possible, the payments will be refunded in full.